Fall is officially in the air, which means winter, unfortunately, is right around the corner. It is time that you take the proper house cleaning precautions this fall to keep your house from getting out of control this winter. As if winter isn’t bad enough, you don’t want to have to deal with unpleasant weather and an unpleasant home. In order to keep your house looking and smelling nice for winter, you will need to take the following cleaning steps now.
- Clean all the windows from inside and out. Yes, it will be a pain in the rear, but wouldn’t you rather brave the cool temperatures now before they get freezing.
- Clean all the upholstery, window treatments, and carpets now so that come winter they haven’t left a foul smell in your house. You will be surprised how things start to smell when there is no fresh air circulating.
- Put coffee beans in vases or bowls strategically around your house to remove any current or future unwanted smells. The kitchen is a great place to put coffee beans to remove food smells.
- Airwick oil plug-ins are great to have around the house too. You want to have the house smelling nice and cozy, but refrain from going overboard.
- Head on into the bedrooms and change all of the linens and wash everything that you can. As you may know, fall is a popular time for allergens to spread throughout the home.
- For a really thorough cleaning, it never hurts to hire a maids service to come do a final cleaning before winter. Most cleaning services have 1 time visits and for very reasonable prices.
I hope this list of fall cleaning ideas has inspired you, to get to work on tackling that fall cleaning list.
Please leave us a comment if you have any questions for us regarding fall cleaning.