With all the activities we have on our plates these days, it is hard to find time to tidy up the home. Rather than piling up all the cleaning for one day, try house cleaning as you go. House cleaning one room every day is an easy way to tackle the mess, while still leaving you time to get your everyday tasks done. Here are a few of our favorite time saving house cleaning tricks!
- Use a laundry basket to go around the bottom floor of your house collecting things that belong upstairs. Save time and bring them all to their respective rooms in one trip.
- As you cook, rinse off dirty utensils and clean pots and pans. This will allow faster clean-up time after dinner.
- While your talking on the phone, or waiting on hold, pick a pantry of refrigerator shelf to go through. Throw out anything that is past due date. Talk about multi-tasking.
- Once you have picked up the mail, pick out the important stuff and put it aside. Anything that is considered junk can be tossed immediately.
- Cut laundry time in half by having labeled laundry baskets specifically for darks, whites, and permanent press.
- Place a couple of dryer sheets at the bottom of the trashcan. Dryer sheets can absorb spills and mask unwanted odor.
- Hire your local house cleaning service to come around bi-monthly to tackle those hard to reach and nitty gritty places.
- Create an all-purpose house-cleaning tote that you can carry from room-to-room with all the supplies you need. Don’t waste time tracking down all your house cleaning supplies and making multiple trips.
- Clean rooms from top to bottom so you won’t waste time cleaning something twice. Thanks to gravity, dirt falls downward, so mop up the floors last.
With your new list of house cleaning time saving tips, you have more time to spend doing things that matter to you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like help cleaning your home.
What is your favorite time saving house-cleaning tip?